Adopting Lucas

"But-"
"No buts, now let's go", Hoseok opened the car door.
"I don't want to adopt a child though, it's going to be hard", I whined.
"How?" He questioned with a smirk.
I pouted and clicked my seatbelt in. The low hum of the engine came to life as Hoseok turned the car on.
"You win", I mumbled.
"Pardon?" He asked, cockily.
I looked him dead in he eye, "You won."
He smiled and kissed my nose, "I know."
I wasn't fond of kids; they were noisy, rude, messy and energetic. I was a kid once, but I had to look after my brother all by myself.
"Here we are" Hoseok said, already getting out of the car with a grin plastered across his face.
I looked outside. It was a beautifully decorated house. It had a lovely garden with numerous colours and flowers. A smile instantly appeared on my face.
We pushed the door open, revealing a white room with a large desk. It was very different to how movies portray it.
"Hi, how can I help you today?" A lady in her late forties asked with a smile.
"We are interested in adopting". Hoseok smiled at me.
She clasped her hands together and exclaimed, "How delightful! Come this way!"
We entered a room where around fifteen kids were playing. It wasn't loud, nor was the room a big mess. I was a bit keener on the idea of adopting.
A small boy with round glasses lightly tapped my leg. "Excuse me; can I please have some help?"
"Sure, what do you need help with?", I answered quietly.
"I need purple paint but we're all out", he pouted.
"Here, let me teach you how to make it from blue and red", I smiled warmly.
"Really? You can do that? That's so cool". His hand wrapped around my much bigger one.
I smiled to myself seeing him so excited about something small. I really wanted him if I had to choose.
I heard Hoseok talk to the caretaker, "I think Emma wants to adopt him, what's his name?"
"Lucas", a name I would never forget.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!