A Special Birhtday

Someone grabbed my shoulder and turned me around. When I turned, I noticed it was my older sister, Ruby and younger sister, Red. They surprised me and yelled, “Bonie! Come play with us!” I was always busy, so I replied, “too busy as always.” And I just remembered it was nearly my birthday, 10th June, and Mirra, my bestie, is going to come over too and I have no idea what my parents are going to do on my birthday and I am so excited!
It was my birthday and Mirra was there. We played with my sisters and helped my parents. We set the living room and picked up the cake. It was blue and white, had candles and said, ‘Happy Birthday Bonie!’ Lights off, candles lit and everyone singing. I blew. That’s when something in my life changed.
I have forgotten what happened last night. Everything was a blur until Red noticed me and fully woke me up. Then she said I fainted after I blew the candles and was brought to the hospital. She asked me what my wish and I was said, “I didn’t wish anything.” But I lied because I was embarrassed of my wish. Truly my wish was to be special and have a power.
I have watched too many movies that I wanted to be like them. I didn’t care what superpower, I just wanted one. I didn’t think it would come true, but I also didn’t think my birthday would get dramatic too. I was thinking for a while and I thought ‘did it get dramatic because I’ll have a superpower? I was thinking excitedly what superpower I would have but then again, I’ve watched too many movies.
I felt so worried about what happens to me next. The doctor came in then suddenly... “wait, why did everything freeze?” I said confused. I was just looking around until I saw a man in a very dark purple hoodie with black shorts and a mask. Then everything was normal like nothing happened. I didn’t see the man anymore, he just disappeared in a flash. I was so scared then I asked the doctor,” pardon?” They tested and did a scan on me.
The doctor said, “Bonie is 99% ordinary.” My parents asked, “why 99%?” and the doctor replied, “we don’t know yet.” Everyone in my family was worried and I was too, but also excited because this is when some heroes get their powers.
When I came home, I saw the man again. I got scared and called out to mum. Before she even came Ruby giggled and peeked out of the corner. I asked them what they were doing, and they replied, “pranking you!” and laughed. I was so confused why. Just after I dropped, they had to prank me. I was just thinking ‘wow’ but then I asked, “how did you make everything freeze?” Then they got really confused. Is this a dream or could I really have powers?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!