Venom

‘Clash’ thunder crashed outside, which had sent a cold shock down his spine.
He had got up and his phone was ringing, why?
It was his editor, they wanted him to look at a crash site. He had pulled up to the crash, his friend got out the camera and started recording, he had an interview with the leader of the LIFE Foundation.
“My name is Eddie Brock and I’m here with Carlton Drake. Now what happened here?”
“Well, around three hours ago a space shuttle crashed here sending a report straight to the LIFE Foundation, and we’re just here to investigate the area.”
He walked away, planning something.
Eddie started to take notes when he discovered a strange, gooey substance. Had seeing this, he gathered it up with his notes, and went home.
After an hour of driving, his car looking as if it had taken a mud bath, he walked inside. He examined the container. It moved, a lot, so it was alive, he knew that for sure.
Being the man that he is, he opened the container. It crawled quickly at him before being trapped by the container that held it. Eddie stayed up for hours on the LIFE Foundation’s website researching about the creature. He soon learned that it was what they called a Symbiote.
It attaches itself to a host and bonds with it so the Symbiote and the host are one.
Had read this information he was overwhelmed, so he got up to take a nice, hot shower. While he was in the shower, the creature was freaking out like a cat in water. The creature broke out of the container and rushed for Eddie. His apartment was a mess, junk everywhere, but nothing that would stop the Symbiote.
It was finally inside the bathroom, and crawled into Eddie’s clothes. He got out of the shower and, without thinking of the creature put on his clothes. It bonded with him, covering him with its black colour. Being consumed by the Symbiote, he fainted to the floor. He woke up two hours later feeling fine “was it all a bad dream?” Now…
The creature and Eddie are one, barging into a nearby Seven Eleven. They threatened the man running the store.
“We will eat both your arms, then we’ll eat both your legs and then we’ll eat your face right off your head! You will be this armless, legless, faceless thing won’t you? Rolling down the street, like a ****in the wind.”
“What the hell are you?”
It says “WE ARE VENOM!”
They ripped apart the man, his blood spilling everywhere, and as they said, they devoured the man’s arms, legs and face.
After feasting on whatever was left of the man, the Symbiote escaped into Eddie, leaving him out in the open.
“Oh, uh I have a parasite. Yeah Night.”
He walked out, leaving the wife of the man scared covered in her husband’s blood.
And this started the legacy of VENOM.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!