Concussion

If there’s one thing I hate, it’s head injuries. Sore, painful head injuries. I had two in just two days. If it’s possible to be unluckier, I’d be flying. My name’s Angus, by the way, and if I could take away anything from this world, it would be head injuries.
If God came to me in the night and said, “Choose anything to remove from this world, for I have been surveying the people from this land.” I would just say “Get rid of my headache, and get rid of head injuries, ‘cause that’s where you mucked up!” The reason I chose this topic is because I came out of two different Iunch times with two different head injuries. The first one I hit my head on a pole (whoop-de-doo) and #2 was I got kicked in the head IN THE EXACT SAME SPOT. I spent the whole weekend recovering and I’m not-so-happy to say I had to return to school without having a very good weekend. (p.s. the story is fiction, but unfortunately the head-knocks aren’t.) Here’s my story Concussion by Angus McCIen. “Nice job.” It wasn’t a very formal greeting, but it suited the circumstances. Two head injuries in two days? The kid was Superman!
“Thanks. Shouldn’t you be writing notes or something?” he asked. A helicopter flew over the school. “Yeah proba...” Then I spotted it. Just a small crack in the window. But then the sun came out. I gasped. “What?” he asked. “There’s a wire coming through the window!” We got up and bolted out the door. Just in time too as gas had started to emit from the wire. The new teacher aid crashed through the window and grabbed the wire, pulling off her mask.
The wire started to pull her to the chopper. Suddenly superkid’s face turned white. “Look out!” Then the chopper burst into flames.
Lucky us, it started to fall in our direction. All of a sudden, the chopper just bounced off the air above us. I turned to superkid.
“How on Earth did you do that?!” He took a deep breath. “Well, I think it had something to do with my head.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!