Ushyra

In the land of Rasuka there was a curious child named Tarek, he has a companion he calls Luna. In the village he has the job of hunting. His parents are very proud of him, he is just 16 and working so hard many of them say but Tarek is also very interested in stories. Remembering his favourite one is about an evil spirit called Ushyra, he and Luna are best friends and Luna loves playing.
Though he'd been sleeping Tarek woke to a noise of rattling and whimpering, as he looks for Luna, he finds out that someone has captured her. He runs out of the tent and goes looking for his best friend Luna. Sadly, this is where the journey of a lifetime starts, he tells his parents he has to go somewhere. They start asking where he says "I don't know but the spirits will lead me. Goodbye mum, goodbye dad." Angry he is at the start of his journey thinking to himself he says, "I am scared" and then he takes shelter in a cave. His luck gets much worse, there is a terrifying polar bear outside the cave and it’s glowing red. It walks up to Tarek says, “Good luck” and disappears. Tarek noticed that the cave has caved in, then he notices there is something glowing. He picks it up, it is a spear with ancient markings then he picks it up and says “WeII at least I have protection.” Walking to the ice it disappears and three wolves with purple glowing auras attack him. He grabs the spear hits all three and all of them die then he makes shelter and goes to sleep inside of the cave.
As he leaves the cave the next thing you know Luna is next to him with a blue aura around her. Then Tarek asks Luna “Is that you?” Then Luna just gives Tarek a map and disappears as fast as anything. Tarek follows the map.
Tirelessly after ten hours of walking Tarek gets to his location and on the top floor is Luna. Wait why does she have red eyes? OH NO. Aggravated Tarek goes in the castle with his spear ready then he hears a voice it says, “I've been waiting for you Tarek.” Then Tarek says with an angry tone in his voice “It's you give me Luna.” Then he says ok and Luna appears and he attacks Luna then the spear glows and five spirits with dark blue aura appear. Tarek notices Luna’s eyes and aura go back to normal the five spirits disappear then Tarek says, “Now to finish you.” They strike after strike, block after block then Luna jumps up and bites him. Running, struck him in the neck then in his stomach and then he walks out of the castle with Luna by his side and a happy mood.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!