Emily And Fox

I live in a big village with a lot of people that don't have a lot of money or food.
Excited to go to our grandparent's house today. Worried for where I’m going to be staying because my parents are staying home.
Mum drives us to the airport and we get out onto the plane. We're on the plane and then we arrive not long after. Our grandparents come to pick us up. I tell grandma I was going to go to bed.
Quietly I go and ask my grandma if I can go home early because I don't feel well, I can tell she's angry because she hasn't seen me for ages.
I pause when I see the door has been left open and there's stuff all over the floor. The man that was still in the house was running outside. I look around the house I don't see my parents so I start walking to find them.
A joyful fox runs at me he comes and licks my face. Worry clouds my mind about my parents missing but the fox makes me feel safe and protected.
At the top of the mountain a polar bear started to chase us, we're running across the ice when it cracks then breaks when the polar bear stands on it. The polar bear is trying to swim but the fox and I get away and lost sight of the polar bear.
As the fox and I are walking we see a man walking towards us. Blindly the man pauses and waits until we both walk past. Angrily he starts to follow us then he starts running. As fast as possible we run but he caught up to the fox and grabs him and starts to squeeze him. The evil man throws the fox metres across the snow.
I run to the fox to see if he's okay but he has a broken paw. As I pick him up and carry him to the closest person to help him, he says he's going to be fine he just needs to rest.
Lifelessly I’m walking when I trip and fall down. When I get up, I see a little house. Bravely walking towards the house, I hear someone yelling "Help" so I go in and I see my parents. I pause and look at them confused when I get jumped from behind, he grabs me he throws me right next to mum. The fox runs in, he jumps onto the man and bites his hand and his leg so the man ran off. I hug my parents and say, “I thought I would never see you again.”
My mum says we should head home. We started to walk and not long after we were home just in time too because my siblings were just walking in the door. I whisper to mum and say, "Mum the house is trashed there is stuff all over the floor, what are we going to tell them?"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!