So Far So Bad

I speeded up a huge skyscraper. Bump! I hit a metal bar. I could hear the engine fading. I reached the top, the engine failed suddenly. Before falling down I said: “Oh mother of cheese crackers!”
With a swish of wind and a bump of metal, I rode down the tower backwards on my motorbike. I let out a long, loud scream as I fell down. I looked down to see what I was going to land on. I thought: ‘Mmm…some soft grass…oh what’s that? Just a pig…a petrol station! That could work! Maybe if I turn…like this could make a quick stop there.’ As I thought about this the ground was getting closer so l had to get a move on.
I turned sharply into the petrol station and hit the brakes. I took the bowser and filled it up.
I pulled out a shiny credit card, “This will do.” I walked into the mini market to pay for my petrol.
A soothing jazz was playing from the new speakers. Packets of food were laying untouched on the shelves, it was a calming atmosphere.
I was trying to remember what happened before I was speeding up the building. As I was about to tap the card on the device I said: “And two packets of chips to go with that.” I walked outside to my motorbike. I put my helmet back on and rode off. A small memory came floating into my mind: “That’s it! I was going to the bar and meet my drinking buddies.” I seem to have said this as soon as it came to me. I sped downtown with my long black hair blowing in the wind. Strangely I saw a huge building falling down. “What the!? Why does this always happen to me!?” I zoomed down the road. I crashed into the building’s window shattering the glass. I ran over computers, work people, chairs and other things you don’t need to know about. The arcade screen went black and two words appeared on the screen: ‘GAME OVER’. “Oh come on! I was one point from beating the high score!” I wailed. “Oh, what a rip off, well I’ll try again.” I put the money in and started again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!