Diary Of A Lucky Kid- The Dusted Day

Day by day all the playground equipment in our school is going away because people are tripping and getting hurt. Finally there is nothing to play on plus the teachers won’t let us bring toys to school. Every day I feel that I did not play anything because I actually do not play and the rest of my journey to year six will be very boring.
When I went to school today, it was very windy and the teachers were dusting the school so the principal decided to give the students a day off. At home I decided to watch television but on every single kid’s channel there was boring stuff. I thought it was best to just relax in my bed but then I heard this strange noise so I checked what it was, but it was just the oven beeping. It was a waste of time ruining my day off from the principal so I went back to my bed to relax. Then mum called me over to help put the garbage in the bin so she could do her office work.
Mum had given me a present for Christmas - it was a doll and its name is baby Michael. When I started playing with baby Michael I got the hang of playing and I was liking it so much l that I took it for a walk in a box trolley. Suddenly I realised that I lost baby Michael and when I came back home I started crying because I will never be able to bring baby Michael for a walk. Mum said baby Michael must have fallen from the box trolley.
Then I decided to use my Grandpa’s advice and imagined that baby Michael was with me and we had so much fun. There was a storm and on the mountains in a cave baby Michael was cooking a can of beans so we can eat it and it was yum. Then when mum called me for dinner I imagined we were pirates and there were crocodiles and we also tried to steal diamonds. Also just before sleeping I imagined we were in space being astronauts and baby Michael and I were counting all the stars.
Next morning, mum woke me up as the postman had found baby Michael on the foot-path. He recognised it all because of its shiny ears and red nose and because he knew where we lived he returned it to my grandfather. I had put a sign saying baby Michael is lost but then we took it off and put another one saying now baby Michael is been found on the road. Lucky me!
My next job is to imagine that all the playground equipment is coming back and everyone is playing and being safe at school.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!