The Enchanted Stallion

300 years ago there was a tall, beautiful stable girl named Mixy, with ocean coloured eyes and long brown hair that flew in the wind. She didn’t have many friends, but she loved singing and dancing in the paddock while leading the horses back in their stables. One morning Mixy woke up in her comfy aqua bed. The first thing she saw was her dad smiling at her “Happy birthday!”, he yelled while handing her a small box. It looked very old and beaten up, but inside was a glamorous necklace with a weird symbol on it. Mixy put it on strait away. She was so happy that she got such a beautiful present.
She slowly got out of bed and tiptoed down stairs for breakfast. Suddenly she heard a “neigh” from outside. She ran like the wind to the door and opened it. A beautiful tall grey stallion stood in front of her. Mixy looked on the other side of the stallion and saw her dad trying to put a party hat on him. Mixy felt a bit awkward when her dad spotted her staring at him. “Surprise” he sighed. Mixy giggled as she gazed at the stallion and his wonky party hat. Mixy’s dad came from the other side of the stallion with bite markkas and bruises all over his arms and legs. Mixy gasped “did he really do that to you?” Her farther nodded sadly. Mixy’s face went as white as snow.
They both walked inside. Mixy grabbed the greenest apple from the bowl and chewed slowly “I have decided to call him Pepper” she announced. The next morning Mixy felt like a ride. Mixy got out of the door and nervously got Pepper ready and jumped on. “It wasn’t too bad” Mixy thought, but suddenly Pepper stopped, his ears went all the way back and he started galloping towards the forest. Pepper’s hooves sank into the thick snow. Mixy was terrified she didn’t know what to do.
Pepper ran like lightning through the forest. Soon Mixy could see an old cobble stone bridge. Mixy felt a cold shiver in her heart as she crossed the bridge. Everything changed. It was dark, cold and all the trees were hunched over and miserable as they faded away in the mist. Mixy held onto Pepper’s neck, like if she was hugging her mother that disappeared on her fifth birthday. “You will be alright darling” a familiar voice said. Mixy’s head popped straight up and she saw a lady in the mist with a dress and necklace with a symbol she had seen before a long time ago. “Mum” Mixy whispered. The lady lead Pepper and Mixy out of the scary forest. Mixy knew she would never be alone and her mum would always look after her.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!