The Old Labyrinth

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

The night was still... silence filled the air. Jake and Joe had found an old, mysterious door. Creek! The door had been pushed ajar. It was safe they say; the boys had no fear. They dawdled in bravely... Smash!
As the dark, obsidian clouds slowly enveloped the crimson sky, the boys woke up in an ebony room. They started to panic in the dark room until they became sane. In seconds, light appeared in the room. As Jake stood up his azure hair clung to his veiny cheeks, his feeble legs forged on to get up. Smash! Joe broke the door open angrily. “Come on Jake you slowpoke,” sighed Joe.
The boys carefully snuck out of the room. Jake’s instinct told him to run as fast as he could. As Jake was running Joe didn’t even try to get to him. He glanced around, examining the unknown area. As he searched around the area. “Fortified walls, dank floor… no doubt we’re in a labyrinth,” mumbled Joe. Jake stumbled across a stone door.
Jake seemed puzzled. As he turned around, he realised Joe wasn’t with him. Suddenly... someone was behind him. “There’s no escaping the labyrinth,” said the strange figure. Crash! Jake had been knocked out. Not far away Joe could hear Jake’s loud scream. He ran as fast as he could. Joe got there… it was too late. Tears ran down his face “It’s all my fault!” cried Joe. As he was crying something caught his eye... there were footsteps beyond the maze. He rubbed his eyes clean as he bravely followed the footsteps.
Meanwhile Jake woke up. He looked around, until... Smash! The figure darted up the stairs angrily. “Where are you?” quietly said the figure. Jake hid, instantly filled with fear. As the figure paced into the room Jake became quiet. The figure walked past him. Jake felt so scared he couldn’t breathe. The figure exited, angry that he couldn’t find Jake. Not far away Joe stumbled across the mansion (The one Jake was in). He noticed something on the top floor. It was Jake!
Ding! Joe had an idea, he signaled for Jake to jump out of the window. Jake panicked and became livid. “You want me to jump! “Said Jake angrily. Boom! The figure burst through the door. The figure was about to capture Jake until... Smash! The window broke. Jake jumped out. Jake was lucky to land in hay.
They started to dash away from the mansion. Jake guided Joe to the stone door. Joe opened it. Whoosh! The door turned into the portal. “Looks like the adventure is over,” said Jake. Joe replied with nothing but a smile. They entered. Barn! Lightning broke the trees in half. The boys woke up in front of the door. On that day the boys never entered the door ever again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!