The Return

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Blinding cerulean light filled the room, emanating from the glowing globe. Alec had gently touched the Grand Canyon on the globe, but, unluckily for him, a war had just broken out exactly where he had touched. There was the familiar whoosh sound that happened when the magic globe transported him, but then there was also an unfamiliar crack. Alec looked down to his side and saw that the magic globe had cracked! He looked up and saw that he was in the middle of a battlefield! Fear engulfed him as he wondered how, if ever, was he going to get home now...
Alec had found a cave. It might be dank, dark and desolate, Alec thought, but it’s a cave. As he sat in a tight ball in the corner, he thought about the first step in getting home. Well, the first step towards me getting home would be to get away from this stupid battlefield. Hang on, Alec thought, it’s the day before Christmas. The soldiers stop fighting for Christmas, so tomorrow I’ll have a better chance of getting away from here!
As snow fell, Alec awoke to the sound of peace. Climbing out of the cave, he surveyed his surroundings. On one side there was a soccer match, and on the other, there was a crowded Christmas gathering. He snuck through the canyon, without any of them noticing. Luckily the end of the canyon was near, and he reached it quickly and easily. When he reached the end of the canyon, he looked for some way into the city. Soon enough he found a bus stop next to a road. Looking at the bus timetable, he saw that the next bus was supposed to arrive in 2 minutes and was going to New York City.
When the bus arrived Alec quickly hopped on board, but 10 minutes into the journey, Alec heard a massive bang and saw a body slide off its chair and onto the bus floor. With horror he remembered that people in North America had gun rights, and that buses were frequently hijacked!
TO BE CONTINUED…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!