The Eyes

I was at a school camp excursion and I was really excited. The only problem was the cleaning. No-one liked to clean at all. It was the only reason they wished they didn’t go was because of the cleaning.
The class was playing Spotlight and it was fun, then I saw a pair of eyes just looking at me from the woods, so I rubbed my eyes and the set of eyes that I saw…were gone. Later that night I couldn’t sleep because the eyes were still in my head.
It was the morning and when I was around the area again, there were still no eyes, so I was starting to get paranoid. I kept looking over my shoulder, and every time I heard my name being called or when someone touched me, I got scared. When I told my friends they didn’t believe me, so I did the next best thing, I told a person who lived there. They believed me because he said he had seen the eyes before too.
I was happy that night had finished because of how scary it was. I swore that last night I felt something breathing on my face, it was cold and heavy. It was like nothing happened, but I was happy that it was half way through the week, I still kept looking behind me.
It was getting to nine o’clock when everyone heard a scream coming from the woods. I said to my friends “Ha, ha who is wrong now,” but it was the wrong time to say that. Everyone started running and screaming.
Everyone put the incident behind them and pretended nothing happened, but some children were still shaking after that. Some of them didn’t even want to leave their cabin. Then all of a sudden, a kid walked into a cabin, there was another scream and everyone ran into the cabin where the scream came from. They were so extremely scared that some ran away, because there were blood splatters on the wall.
This was the day the students were leaving. They were really excited to get away from that place. Everyone wanted the very back of the bus. Finally, the bus was leaving.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!