Most Wanted

It was a cold and rainy night and me, Fiona Louise, stared at the rain going down my window. One hour. Two hours. Three hours. Then it happened. The rain slowly stopped and a lightning storm began! One hour. Two hours. Three hours. "Fiona, are you asleep? Because if you aren't, then you will be in big trouble. OK?" Dad shouted. I didn't reply. A lightning bolt struck in the distance. Mum said, "Sweetie, please go to sleep." "I will in another hour or so, this storm is just so fascinating!" I yelled.
BA DOOF! That was the strangest sound I had ever heard in France. Again, BA DOOF that really scared me. I peeked out the window and saw a very tall man with a gun. I was still looking at him and yet again BA DOOF! I realised that the loud noise was actually coming from the gun the man was holding. "What could he possibly be shooting at this time of night?" I whispered. Suddenly the man ran off into the darkness without anyone seeing him. "I need to capture him. I need to make sure he gets what he deserves or he will say au revoir!"
Next day, I started drawing ‘MOST WANTED’ posters (since I was an artist), that I could hang up on the city walls. I sat watching every person read the poster, but the people eventually walked away. So, I thought, ‘I might need to put up a reward for the person that finds him first.’ I thought, ‘$1,000,000. Yes, perfect. I just need to make more flyers that I can put all around the city!’
I didn't realise this, but the man that I saw last night, was actually just around the corner of the block, listening to my plans. He was plotting to capture me. The tall man was 40 years old and his name was Smith Rotten Dale. He hadn't caught my name yet, but he will once he had captured me.
5:30 in the morning, still waiting to see if I could find that tall, strange, strong, guy. "FIONA! COME HERE THIS INSTANT!" Mum shouted from downstairs. "You, young lady, are in very big trouble! In fact, you should be grounded for two weeks. Well actually, let me see - 14 DAYS!" Mum said.
"Why are you so angry Mum?" I whispered innocently.
"You are going after a mastermind of danger! What do you think you're doing?!” She yelled.
“I just want him to be caught." I stammered.
Mum thought for a moment, "Sweetie, I'm so proud of you for doing such a great thing." She said softly.
"I am going to try so hard to catch him, today." I whispered in a cute little voice.
3:00pm. We finally met. On the battlefield, a dirty side street in France.
"What is your name little girl?" Smith said, with a sly smirk on his face.
"I AM NOT LITTLE! I am ten years old! And my name is Fiona Louise." I said in a loud, but shy voice.
"My name is Smith Rotten Dale. And I am here to capture you.”
"Enough talking, more battling!" I yelled.
I swooped him with my sharp, homemade spear. He swooped at me with his knife. We were both scratched. I needed to finish this off somehow, so I picked an arrow from my quiver and swung out my bow. I got him three times, and I knew that was enough. Then the police arrived and they took him away.
"Bon Voyage!" I yelled to him.
And that's how I saved the day!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!