The Nature Infection

“Hey James, it’s time for school!” his mother shouted.
“Ok mum,” he replied.
James headed off to school. On his way to school he saw his friend Adam.
“Hey Adam, how’s it going:”
“Good thanks, I’ve got a class to go too SO I’ll see you at eleven at the tree house.”
“See you there.”
Then he ran off to class to get his work done. After class he went straight to the treehouse. When he got to the treehouse, he saw it was being chopped down.
The sign read, ‘Please do not go past the fence. This tree is infected with a virus’. He decided to meet his friend on the way home, but he didn’t know where he would be. So, after school he walked home and met up with Adam.
“Hey Adam! Did you see what happened to the tree?”
“Yes, I did. It’s sad that the tree was infected.” Adam said sadly.
“Well, at least we know what happened.”
“Wait, if the tree was infected does that mean it would go through the roots and spread to other living things?!”
“It would! We need to tell the principal now!” Adam exclaimed straight away after the question. The next day they went straight to the office to tell the principal.
“Mr Rowls we have a problem with the tree!” Adam shouted loudly.
“The tree is infected, so it will spread to all the other trees!” James exclaimed extremely loudly.
“You’re right! We need to deal with this right away!” So, the principal got some men to chop it down. But by the time they did the infection had already spread to other living things. Eventually children started to get sick, even parents were getting sick.
The government had to close down the whole town because of the infection! They even had to call people to come into the town and decontaminate the whole town! After a while they decided to rent a house in the next town over because of the infection and all the other hotels in the town were booked.
“Hey mum, I’m scared.” James said to his mum.
“What about”
“Adam, my friend. I haven’t seen him since we evacuated the town.” “Well, let’s call his mum and see if he can come over.”
“Ok mum.” They called Adam’s mum and said they could come over. When Adam came over, he wasn’t sick at all. In fact, he was all right. When he came over there was a message on the television screen. It read, “The town of Nature has been disinfected. If you lived there you can go back now.” So, they all started to head back extremely happily.
When the two families got back, they decided to celebrate. So, they had a small party with some of their relatives. During the party another message had appeared on the television. It read, “Everyone please evacuate back to the other towns the infection has been found in the town of Nature again!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!