Not As Bad As I Thought!

Oh no, it’s actually here... High School! Why hasn’t someone invented a time machine by now? I wish I could go back to my prep years. At least back then everything felt so simple; so easy.
Instead, it’s prep day - High School version!
Cautiously, I walk up five sets of stairs to reach a door. I wonder what could be behind a door such as this? I peek through it, only a little bit to see if anyone is there. I step through, ever so quietly into the borders of my new life!
I find myself standing in the middle of a large hallway with 5 classrooms on either side of me. Oh no, which one do I take? Confused, I realize I’m on display to all of the year 7 and 8 classrooms... Now, which room am I in? I unfold my crinkly piece of paper that I stuffed into my brand-new blazer..., Ah-ha- Classroom: B4.
I bravely walk into my new classroom. With a sigh of relief, I see that not everyone is seated. Phew! At least this lesson is one of my favourites - English. There is no need to stress, but I still am.
It’s lunch time, and I sit alone. I haven’t made any friends yet, so I busy distracting myself learning the multiples of 24, all whilst eating a tuna sandwich. At least I like my sandwich!
A couple of year 8 students come and shares my table. They don’t seem to notice me at first. Until one points out that I have a red dot on my face. I then quietly explain to them that it’s a pimple, but before I can finish, they all start laughing and I go red in the face, almost as red as my pimple. Perfect, now my new nickname is going to be pimple girl, just the thought of it makes me want to cry.
Last period - Science. Only one more hour till home time.
We all had to choose a lab partner to do an experiment with. Predictably I didn’t have a partner! Yep that’s right, me - pimple girl.
But then in rushed a tall girl. She bolted to her seat.
“Lucy”, Mr Scott said, “we are just choosing partners for an experiment, you can go with Meg. She doesn’t have a partner”
Ugh, why do I have to be put with a rebel?
As it turned out, Lucy was actually pretty smart. Lucy and I became friends. In the end, she saved my day and ended up being a really cool science partner!
My first day wasn’t great. But just when I thought it was going to end badly, it actually turned out okay. I guess my first day of “prep” wasn’t as bad as I thought. I think year seven will be just fine...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!