Mt Valor

Valor Village was the most peaceful in the world. The newspaper boy was handing out the newspapers like normal, “Newspapers, come and get your newspapers!” He shouted. Amber walked up to get a newspaper, “Thanks,” Amber said, and she continued to walk home.
Amber finally got home and started to read the newspaper. She found a radio show in the newspaper and she decided to listen to it on her radio.
“WARNING, WARNING” the radio blared out. “WARNING, MT VALOR IS GOING TO ERUPT! I REPEAT, MT VALOR IS GOING TO ERUPT!”
(Mt Valor is the volcano that Valor Village was built next to.)
Suddenly, the ground began to shake, and buildings started to collapse!
Amber ran out of her house as quick as she could go! (When I say quick, I mean EXTREMELY quick!)
She looked at the volcano, it was going to erupt! But, what was that? It had a slender body, massive wings, and horns, what could it be?
The mysterious object flew down and landed in the town square. It turned out that the mysterious object was a dragon!
“Hello, the one and only Valor Village! I am here to save you! Don’t be scared! I, Vance, am going to use my powers to stop Mt Valor!” Vance shouted.
No one believed him, or, well, no one listened to him because they were terrified. All except Amber, she believed him.
“Vance, sir, how are you going to save us?” Amber asked.
“I, I, I don’t know actually, oh, how am I going to save your village?” Vance asked.
“I have an idea!” Amber yelled.
“What is it?” Vance asked.
“Here’s my plan: First I need to hop on your back. Second, we need to fly up to the volcano. Third we need to find the weak spot in the volcano. Fourth we need to blast the weal spot. Fifth we need to make a shield around the village and once the lava has cleared, we go out of the shield but still keeping the shield on the village and blow up the rest of the volcano. Simple.” Amber explained for like ten minutes.
“HOW IS THAT SIMPLE?” Vance yelled.
“I don’t know but let’s hurry up. It’s about to erupt!” Amber yelled.
Amber jumped on to Vance, and without speaking Vance flew up to the volcano, found the weak spot and blasted it. He quickly flew down and created a shield around the village. Amber watched in shock as she watched the lava bounce all over the shield.
THREE MONTHS LATER
Amber woke up. The lava had gone!
“Vance, VANCE! Look! The lava has gone!” Amber yelled.
Vance woke up, “Hop on” Vance whispered.
And with that Amber jumped on Vance and he flew up to the volcano. The shield was still on the village so, Vance blew up the volcano. Once it cleared, they took the shield off the village and flew down into the town square.
“THREE CHEERS FOR VANCE AND AMBER!” Someone yelled.
And all the people in Valor Village shouted, “HOORAY, HOORAY, HOORAY!”
ONE WEEK LATER
AMBER’S DIARY
AUGUST 31ST, 2018
Hi diary, one week ago I met the greatest friend ever, Vance. Vance is a gold dragon, and we saved our village! Vance now lives with me at my house! And guess what! Vance and I now have a golden statue in the town square!
Bye diary, xoxo Amber.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!