The Magical Staircase

One day I came home from school, I had a great day at school and I told Mum all about it. Then I went into my bedroom and slowly opened my cupboard and before me was a secret staircase. Some feelings overcame me, scared and excited.
I was about to see where it led when mum called, “Time for dinner”. So, I had dinner and got ready for bed just like usual...BUT sleep didn’t come easy. The thought of the secret staircase didn't leave my mind. I wondered…where it led to, what I was going to find and how it got there? All of these questions were swimming around in my head.
I slowly crept up to the staircase, I took one step and then another and another. When I got to the end of the staircase, there were two corridors. Would I go left or would I go right? I thought for a while...suddenly a magical lantern appeared out of nowhere! POOF!!! A puff of smoke came out of the lantern in the shape of a genie.
“Why on earth am I in a lantern?” Said the genie. So, I tried to help him out but he was stuck. Finally, the genie was free and out of the lantern. It was at this point I was starting to get scared and afraid because magic only appears in books and fairy tales.
After we did our greetings, I explained to him that I choose the left corridor not the right. He was very interested in what could have been, as was I. So, we decided to go together and investigate the left corridor.
We talked about what we think will be at the end of the corridor...we had some weird but wonderful ideas, a treasure chest with jewels, a giant box with lollies in it, lickable wallpaper from Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory, a robot that talks and lots more.
As we turned around the corner we were stunned. There, in front of us, was a room entirely made of chocolate. Everything from teacups to flowers and chairs. In the corner of the room, was a basket with chocolate coins in it. How did they know that chocolate coins are my favourite type of chocolate? So, I picked up a chocolate coin, peeled off the wrapper and slowly put it in my mouth, I decided to share some with the genie, we both agreed they were delicious!
Then mum called from the kitchen “Wake up, it’s time for breakfast!”
I woke up and realised it was all a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!