An Unexpected Adventure

There were millions of red, orange, green and brown leaves covering a chiselled mossy wall. On the wall was a poisoned dark oak door and the knob had fallen off. I could smell blueberry pie coming from inside... There was an old detailed and arty gate. The gate creaked open. I walked in slowly. I heard someone strangely laughing... I stopped, I could practically taste the blueberry pie. The wind blew the door open, I walked inside. “This is where it ends my child” the door was sealed shut! I couldn’t escape! It’s all over for me!... A strange and hideous figure emerged from the shadows, I couldn’t believe my eyes…
It looked like a pink human with no eyes, no nose, no mouth, no ears, featherless chicken wings for arms and really long legs. Two more emerged from the shadows, blades emerged from their featherless wings...it’s all over!... I kicked down the door and ran for miles till I reached a cave…
It was dark and smelt like dirt as I went in deeper, I heard something running towards me. It was that pink chicken winged thing, but how did it know where I was?... I ran even deeper into the cave trying to escape. As I was running, I saw a small damaged trap door. I opened it and crawled inside to hide. It led to a hidden tunnel. I went through the tunnel, but it was a TRAP!... Millions of those creatures were down there waiting for their next victim...HEEELLP! There was BLOOD AND DEAD BODIES EVERYWHERE!!! THEY EAT HUMANS, AND I’M DINNER!!!
In the corner of my eye I saw another hatch, I kicked it open and sprinted for my life. I saw a ray of sunlight up ahead. It led to a valley of green grass with a clear lake with colourful koi swimming around, the sky was filled with marvellous colours of red, purple, pink and orange. It was warm as the sun began to set. I could see a small house, I looked around as I thought I’m now home and I'm safe.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!