The Golden Key

She had been chasing it all day. Now the crow had it.
Time was ticking. Time was running out. She tiptoed towards the creature, seeing the precious key it held precariously in its sharp, cruel beak. It let out an irritating, throaty cackle, its soot-black wings ruffling gently as it maneuvered itself on top of the clock; it was ready to take flight.
Knowing she might only have a few seconds left before her opportunity disappeared, she took another cautious step forward. Time seemed to slow, her body tingled in excitement and her heart thudded in her chest. It was now or never... Emma was in the town clock.
Crunch, crunch, crunch, Emma was trying to tiptoe on the dead leaves. “OH NO”, she cried. The crow had flown away out the broken window and into the bushy trees. ‘I am never going to find that crow’, she thought. Emma walked home and fell into bed.
After so many weeks went by Emma finally decided to go find the crow, then she heard a tap on the window, it was the black crow that was in the town clock. Emma rushed outside and snatched the key out of the bird’s mouth. She opened the chest and it was full of MONEY and JEMS, Emma was rich!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!