The Height Fright

“Help!” I scream I can see my caramel hair drifting off in the breeze. My palms are sweating and I have no grip. My mint green glasses are falling off my face, I’m going to faint. I can hear my teachers at the school camp screaming “Don’t let go Phoebe” but suddenly something catches my eye. I forget about everything then let go.
I was at camp and we were playing a nice game of Truth or Dare. Did I say nice, I mean dangerous game of Truth or Dare? It was my turn so I said “Dare” but I had forgotten that the mean girl in the school was playing. Ella had a mischievous glint in her eye before she said, “I dare you to climb up that huge oak tree.” I looked at it and said “That’s not that big” but secretly inside me was terrified so we walked over to the tree. Then I started climbing and climbing and climbing I was getting scratched by the nearly old branches and I could feel Ella’s eyes burning into my back as I got more tangled in the tree then I got to the top. That’s when I fall, I come crashing down screaming my head off.
Then I made it to the ground, thud! Then I hear a crack, I am in so much pain I can’t speak. My teacher Mrs Weiss hurries to ring 000. I can hear the sirens ringing as they get closer and closer. I get rushed off to hospital to get plaster. For weeks I can’t run, I can’t do PE or play and it’s all Ella’s fault.
5 years later
Yes, it’s finally Sunday. I get into my clothes at the speed of lightning then grab my plane and my control then run outside. I start to fly my plane that my great grandmother gave to my mum then my mum gave to me then I nearly get it stuck in my big oak tree that is in the back yard. Just after that I really do get it stuck. If mum sees this I will be in trouble for sure. What am I going to do? Finally, I figure it out I will climb the huge oak tree in the back yard. I climb and climb and climb until I reach my plane. As I am jumping down, I scream “Yes!” My mum Kelly comes running out and says “What?” I replied, “I am not scared of heights anymore.” Then at the same time we scream “Hooray.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!