The Footy Game

Friday morning Jack was selected into the team for the biggest game ever. He was excited but knew he needed to train hard. He put on his gym clothes and headed straight to the gym where he jumped on the treadmill then laid down to work out with the weights. He had to be in peak condition.
Jack went to subway to get some lunch and had the best sandwich ever made. Full and energised he headed to his afternoon training session to train for the big game on Saturday.
It was a great training session and the coach asked the team to be ready and rest up for the game tomorrow.
It’s Saturday!!! It time for the big game. Jack put on his jersey, jumped in the car and drove to Optus Stadium and trained with his team, the West Coast Eagles.
Its 2:00pm at Optus Stadium, West Coast Eagle’s Vs Western Bulldogs, and the bounce off begins and Jack gets the footy. He races towards the goals, passes it to Marcus and lands hard on the grass after being tackled to the wet ground. The Ump calls it ball up for Marcus and the Western Bulldogs player. Marcus punched the ball like a punching bag and he lands right in my hands. I started running with the football and I passed it to Marcus then Marcus passed it straight back. I got tackled by the Western Bulldog’s player, the ump called again ball up again.
I punched it harder than the hardest punch in the WORLD!!! I punch it to Marcus’s hands, he ran with the ball then he passed it to me and I kicked the winning goal.
I didn’t know I’d kicked the winning goal. The score was 34 to 89 and we were 89! Now we were number 5 on the ladder.
Guess what happened today? I kicked the winning goal and now we are number 5 on the ladder!!! “OMG! Do you want to go get McDonalds,”
“Ok,” 10 minutes later here we are at McDonalds. Jack, 1 minute later. “What do you want today, Sir Jack,” asked the lady politely.” I would like a Big Mac, please.”
“Ok what do you want?”
“Mam can I just have Coca Cola please.”
“Ok, ONE BIG MAC AND A COCA COLA!!!”
One minute later, “it’s so good, how is your Coca Cola?”
“It’s great, do you want to go home now?”
“Ok.”
Is this the end of the story, I think this. Jack “Ok then, bye.”
The End…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!