The Gradual Grave

AHHHHHHHHH! “What was that?” I said to myself. It was a dark stormy night. "Whooooooo!" The wind whistled. I was walking along in the dark, creepy and scary streets and I felt something touching me on my shoulder. I started to run, going faster and faster until I looked back to see nothing.
“Help! Help!” Said something in the distance. “What was that?” I said to myself. I better go find out who was screaming. As soon as I walked past the cemetery, I heard the screaming again. So, I walked into the creepy cemetery. In there I could see headstones, flags and a hole in the ground. So, I walk slowly over to the hole and I see t headstone, the date on it is 19/5/2007 and the name is Takira Mason. “How was this possible, I am alive, not dead” I told myself. Just then, I blacked out and fell over.
I awoke in a dark, damp place. “Where am I?” I called out. I heard some squeaking and water trickling. I realised I was in the sewers.
“EWWW” I screamed. I stood up and I started to explore the dirty sewers. In the sewers I see dirty, gross rats, filthy water and a lot of tunnels. It was so hard to pick which way to go. I could go forwards, backwards, right or left it was a tough choice but I chose right. So, I started to go right. I get about 10 minutes into the tunnel and the tunnel starts to go down like I am going down a hill. I keep going down and all of a sudden torches turn on and they lead down the wall to a tunnel. So, I follow the torches into the tunnel. All of a sudden, a metal like net drops on me and I blacked out. I don’t know how long I was blacked out for, but when I woke up, I was in a different place. It looks like a broken down ship inside. I check my phone but it has no internet connection. So, I put it back away in my pocket. Then I heard someone talking and they were coming my way. So, I closed my eyes a little bit so they think I am still knocked out, but I leave them open enough so I can still see where they are taking me. They eventually notice I’m awake and drop the net with me in it. I saw some of the bolts holding the net together were loose. I pushed it open and started running for my life. They started to shoot, but I evaded most bullets, but I got hit in the leg and dropped to the ground. As I screamed in agony, the men walked up to me and threw me down a drain. Just then I woke up in the sewers. “Was it a dream or was it real?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!