The Rockslide

“I don’t want to go camping you know I don’t like the mountains,” said Twirl. “You are going that’s that, the outdoors will be good for you,” said Mum. “AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH,” screamed Twirl. Twirl turned and walked into the other room and looked at her dad and said, “Daddy, do I have to go?” “What did your mother say?” said dad. “She said I have to ask you,” said Twirl really sneakily. “Beg your pardon I did NOT say that,” Mum said slowly raising her voice. “Pack your bags and get ready to go, and don’t you DARE pack your iPod, iPhone or iPad,” said Mum. One hour later. “Get in the car, we’re going,” said Dad.
At the station. “Good morning Helen,” said the Chief. “Good morning chief,” said Helen cheerfully. “Remember, if you need me Chief, just give me call,” Said Helen.
A long car ride later Twirl, Mum and Dad arrived at the camp site in the mountains. “We’re here,” shouted Dad. “Shh Dad, you’re going to start a rock slide,” said Twirl whispering. “We’re going on our nature walk and there are no buts ok,” said Mum. “Ok, can we go now?” said Twirl.
“Follow me, this way to the trail,” said mum cheerfully. They walked for an hour and headed back. “We’re having tomato soup,” said Mum. “Yaaahhhh,” yelled Twirl.
Which it started a “ROCKSLIDE,” screamed Mum. They started running and jumped off a cliff and fell in the middle of a lake. “I hear a helicopter,” said Twirl. “They have come to help us,” she said in relief.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!