The Autumn Scare

Feeling the crunchy leaves in my hands at the park, I closed my eyes as I unfold my soft, cold, icy fingers. The leaves fell out. I could sense the breeze washing across my face.
I start to feel sleepy. I fell back onto a pile of red, yellow and brown autumn leaves. I opened my eyes, it's too late, I'm already in a light hole.
I look around. I could hear something saying "leaves, leaves, leaves." My whole body was shaking with fear. "Leaves, leaves, leaves." I stepped closer to the noise. I could see a chair then I could see a person. It was like a leaf part human. He had a red leaf for a body and human legs, arms and a human face. He spoke softly, "Hi, I've never seen anyone in many years.
That hole you fell down was covered in hard cement. I had been trying to break and smash it with a hammer." "You poor thing", I replied nervously.
"That would have taken days and maybe months." "Yes, you are correct, it did take at least two whole weeks." "Well how do I get out of here?" My voice trembled as I said the words. "You have to say, leaves, leaves, leaves". I thought about this for a moment, but I knew for my own safety I had to go! I said, leaves, leaves, leaves.
There I was, back on land, standing on the cold grass like I'd never left. I walked home, not sure about what had really just happened. I arrived home safely. Mum and Dad were eating dinner at the table. Mum asked, "where have you been, my little pumpkin?" What was I going to say!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!