Exile

Her Imperial Majesty grew up selfish and greedy. Not even her father’s indulgence could cover up the scars of ill manners. She became her Imperial Majesty at twelve and her land was in poverty and debt.
Shortly after her coronation a prophecy was made, it was most different from usual prophecies because it was quite clear, a beautiful young girl would find a fortune and make a wish and would be queen of all the islands and mainland of the Irina area.
Her Imperial Highness thought the prophecy was referring to herself, but little did she know, two years after her own birth another girl was born to a Duchess and a Duke! When the Duke was at her palace she asked if he would do her the honour (as if she just wanted to have him at her feet) to dine with her that night. The Duke replied, “Why didn’t you know? I and the Duchess have an 11-year-old girl.”
“Nobody has told me!”
“Indeed.”
That night she called her Imperial messengers from the servant’s quarters and told them her wicked plan. To the Duke and Duchess’ future misery they heeded her. (Her Imperial Majesty’s age was only 13 at the time so she was as wise as many teenage girls.)
You see her greedy Majesty wanted more gold and to spend more money (which would plunge her country in even more serious debt) and to be known as the rightful Queen. Because some people thought that she was not the rightful heir to her father’s throne.
So, to the Duke and Duchess’ horror the Queen’s servants carried out her wretched plan that was to exile their child to the most remote area in the archipelago of Irina. (The child’s name was Lilith.) The servants pushed Lilith out of the house and grabbed both her arms to stop her running of. Then they pushed her to the bottom of a boat and set sail. For the Island!
TO BE CONTINUED. . .
(Warning stop reading, or her Imperial Majesty might capture you.)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!