The Toe Shoot Trouble

Hi my name is Ana yesterday (11/11/2018) was my birthday, so I decided to go to gymnastics because I was so bored. I am a level 4 gymnast. When I arrived at gymnastics my trainer Chelsea said “go on bars and practice your toe shoot.”
So I replied “OK.”
Before I went on the bars I did 10 push ups, 2 pit laps and 20 sit-ups to warm up. Then I went to the bars. I wasn’t feeling very confident so did some pullovers, some back hip circles, some glide swings and a kip. Now I was confident.
So first I did a pullover and then I did a humungous glide swing then I did a straddle on the bar I swung and tried to reach the high but then I fell! Luckily I landed standing up. I tried again but I couldn’t do it. I tried about 10 times but I still couldn’t do it. Then I said to myself “this is going to be my last try and if I still can’t do it then I’m going to ask Chelsea to help me!” So I did a pullover then a very big glide swing now was the big moment, I did a straddle on the bar, I swing then tried to reach for the high bar but instead I hit my head on the high bar. Everyone saw me and I got so embarrassed. Then I started crying because my head was hurting. Chelsea saw me and asked “Why are you crying?”
I said” I hurt my head while trying to do a toe shoot and I still can’t do one.”
Chelsea grabbed an ice pack and replied “Here put this on your head and have a rest, when you finish resting I’m going to teach you the 2 steps to do a toe shoot!”
When I finished resting Chelsea told me that the 1st step was to a humungous glide swing and in the 2nd step you need to know how to swing and let go of the bar with your legs on the bar as a straddle. So I learnt how to the 2nd step and then I asked Chelsea “can you please spot me?”
And Chelsea said “sure.”
Then I got on the bar then I did a humungous glide swing, then I did a straddle bar, I then swung and I reached and grabbed the high bar! I can’t believe I actually done a toe shoot I’m so happy!
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!