The War Against Ancient Rome

The sound of clashing swords has been going on for about half an hour and the war wasn’t getting any better for Egypt. “Retreat, retreat!” Yelled Galloway he was a high commander of the ancient Egyptian army in the battle against Rome. It was the year 528 B.C. The Egyptian army retreated to their vessels and fled back to Egypt. Galloway was a bit dark skinned like most Egyptians were and had black hair. Ben was also dark skinned and had hazel eyes, a rarity in ancient Egypt, he was a high commander of Egypt just like Galloway.
“Galloway, what do we do? The Romans keep outsmarting us.” Asked Ben.
“Well, how can they?” Galloway replied pacing around the room.
“Maybe, they go to Turkey and use a really good telescope” Ben answered.
“No, it’s impossible, too far away.” Galloway continued. “How about when we’re all sleeping, they come and sneak around.” Galloway offered.
“Nah, someone must have spotted them by now” Ben disagreed. “They must have” Ben was cut short by Galloway who screamed out “A SPY!”
“That’s right! They must have a spy wandering around listening to everything!” Ben cried out with excitement.
After a three hour meeting with Mina the great King of Egypt they decided to ambush the Romans. Their plan was to build a camp in Turkey and wait till the Romans decided to attack and on their way to their vessels in Turkey and ambush them then. This time Ben thought that they should have the meeting in an enclosed room with only one window in the castle so only soldiers with really good hearing could hear, this also meant if there was a spy it must have been a soldier, which was very unlikely. So, they went to Turkey and set up a camouflaged camp which from a distance was impossible to see and if you came close enough you would be captured and held as a hostage, servant or if you’re important you’d be held for ransom.
Ben and Galloway were up at 1am and most soldiers were asleep when the Romans ambushed them, somehow the spy heard them with the King! Ben tried his best to wake everyone and escape but many soldiers were captured and probably were going to prison!
On the way back, Galloway had calculated the amount of soldiers and the Egyptian army could only attack once more!
Back in Egypt Ben and Galloway were having a meeting with the King. “Do what you want.” The King whispered to them.
“I think we should send out ships to other countries and ask for an alliance” Ben said out loud and winked at the King. Ben’s true plan was to send vessels to either side of Egypt. When Rome went to attack, the vessels ambushed them and Egypt won the war.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!