A Bully's Paradise

My hair stood on end, a shiver went up my spine and a lump of hatred came to my throat. The air turned black all around me. It was her…the biggest bully, Mackenzie…
Mackenzie had big blue eyes and black curly hair, a real beauty…then there was me, I had ugly braces, brown eyes and brown hair. Real nerd material, a bully’s paradise.
“Come here loser!” Mackenzie yelled fiercely, to an audience of giggling bystanders. Me being me, I didn’t say a word. I really just wanted to yell at her and say “I’m not a loser, the only loser here is you!” But of course, I said that in my head because I was too afraid to let go of the words. Instead, I got my books and headed to class.
“Oh, there you are! Why are you late, Rose?” Queried Mrs. Smith. Great, now everybody was staring at me like I just murdered someone.
“I’m sorry I’m late Mrs. Smith.” I apologised as I sat down at my desk. I turn away and there was Mackenzie again. That vain poser was looking at me and laughing. “Shush Mackenzie!” Mrs. Smith yelled as she slammed the ruler on Mackenzie’s desk. I could see Mackenzie’s cheeks turning bright red. Then Mrs. Smith announced, “Class dismissed!”
I couldn’t wait to get out of this horrific classroom. I ran out and pushed the old classroom door as it creaked. Of course, me being me, I fell down. Mortified, I exchanged books and headed for my next class.
“Hey loser!” Mackenzie giggled. “I managed to take a picture of you falling down! This would be great entertainment for everyone!” I couldn’t believe this evil soul was brandishing her phone as if it was a sword ready to ruin my life. Just then I noticed Mrs. Smith walking down the corridor. I lost it. Empowered by some internal energy I grabbed the phone and threw it to Mrs. Smith, yelling the whole time, “Catch Mrs. Smith!” Mackenzie’s jaw dropped. I had never acted like that in my life. Even I was surprised. “Girls, I will see you in my office in five minutes!” Mrs. Smith demanded.
I walked to Mrs. Smith’s office keeping a good distance away from Mackenzie. “Welcome girls, please take a seat,” Mrs. Smith instructed. I politely sat down waiting. Mrs. Smith spoke, “You girls need to stop being rude. It’s time to apologise.” Suddenly I broke down into tears. “What’s wrong Rose?” Asked Mrs. Smith. “I always liked Mackenzie. She’s cool and popular, and I’m not!” I started crying even more. Mackenzie was shocked. In a faint voice Mackenzie said, “I do too.” I was looking at her without even blinking. I was so surprised. “I thought you hated me?” I questioned. “I thought you hated me.” Mackenzie said back. At that moment we realised we should be friends. From then on, we were the best of friends.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!