Life As A Convict

My name is Elizabeth James,
I am twelve years old. I was sick and tired of this poor country so I decided to steal some ones horse and a loaf of bread, the horse so I could get out of here and the loaf of bread for me to eat: I got caught on the horse and was sentenced aboard the friendship. I don’t know anyone here but I met a girl called Amelie, my mother is probably worried, I didn’t tell her I was going because she had enough stress looking after my baby sister Mary.
I am home sick, some people have gotten very sick, and I am worried about what will happen.
I wish I never stole I feel very guilty.
It’s hard on this ship, it’s been a month most people have died from diseases. On this ship we stay in a hulk at the bottom of the ship, we are going to a new land, I am unsure if I will survive, we still have seven months left I wasn’t to go home!!!
I don’t want my mother to come looking for me, but I know she will realise, I have to be home by dark, unfortunately that won’t happen tonight, I may never see my home again, I will never see my mother, I won’t see my sister grow up, and I will never see the picture of my father again.
I feel very upset with myself. I want to go back in time and change my past, I don’t want to go to this new place and go to gaol and I don’t want to be hung and killed.
Yuck there’s a rat I looked away and it disappeared we are almost at this new land, there are twenty people left including me and Amelie. We have arrived I am so glad to taste the fresh air.
If I have survived for this long there is no point to give up now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!