The Robbery

I was taking my dog for a walk when I saw a black van. There were some people in the van and they were dressed in black. They were talking about something, but I couldn’t hear what they were saying so I sneaked closer. They were going to do a robbery at the museum. They were going to meet their boss tomorrow at the old broken down house at 7:30am. I heard them getting out of the car. I got up and started to walk away like I was just walking my dog, but then they said, “Hey kid.” I turned around and they said, “Your mum said to take you home.” I turned around and started running. They got in their van and tried to run me over.
I went into an alley. Yay it was a short cut to one of my friend’s houses, they were gaining on me. I turned in to a dark street. We made a little hideout and I quickly hid. Luckily my friend and I we made it with lose bricks last week. I quickly got in and closed the hatch. I could hear the car’s tyres screeching then they got out of the car. I heard the car door close “Where is that kid, he has to be here somewhere.” One of the guys said, they were walking closer. I thought they heard me, then one of them said “He isn’t here.” So, they got in the car and drove. When they went, I could hear the car’s tyres screech.
I got out of the hide out, I went to the police station. I told them there were some people in this black van and they were going to do a robbery tomorrow at the museum. They were going to meet their boss at the old broken down house tomorrow at 7:30 am.
The police said, “Just wait a moment.” I waited there for ages then I went.
I went home I didn’t tell mum because she would freak out. I went to my bedroom and went to sleep.
I woke up at 6:00 and went into mum’s bedroom. “Can Igo for a walk, mum?” I said.
She said “Yes” but I had to be back by 9:00. I got dressed and went downstairs. I had my breakfast and went out the door, it was 6:30.
I quickly ran to the broken down house, there was a bush about 300 metres away. I hid in that bush then about one minute after I saw that same black van that I saw yesterday. I was so nervous I had so many feelings at that moment. They parked their car at the back of a big bush. I quickly called the police. I was thinking of what I should say to the police, so they would believe me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!