I Live With It...

It was back in 1976 and it still haunts me today…
I was slowly walking home from school, through a tunnel when a felt a colossal hand seize my shoulder. I looked down to my left shoulder and there laid a large, veiny, bloody hand. I regretted lowering down trying to prevent the dislocation of my shoulder, it made it so much worse. Yelping, shrieking, shouting but still, no-one heard, except the kidnapper. He gradually covered my shivering mouth with his old, crusty hands which explains where all my teeth went.
I didn’t remember what happened after that… but I woke up, all alone, in a cramped, claustrophobic room. Rubbing and scratching my head, realising how it could’ve happened… At that moment, my stressed, finally functioning brain registered that I…got kidnapped. It was so hard to register, as hard as maths, as hard as sports, but not as easy as simply pointing. I painfully felt my head spinning, round and round as though it was about to fall off, and there entered my nightmare. All in tattered clothes, drooping eye bags, and large, veiny, blood-stained hands, it rapidly hit me, I couldn’t speak, my words, they were missing.
Our eyes connected, I couldn’t keep my eyes off the hideous and petrifying face. He took a large step towards me with one hand behind his back, I couldn’t help but think that there was a knife behind his back, I started shivering, what happened to my confidence. I started to write my will in my mind, the more steps he took towards to, the quicker I wrote my will. His hand got closer and closer to me, there appeared money, I was in shock. Why did he give me money? Was this a mistake? My mouth opened wide as though I had just found out that my house was on fire! Quickly, I snatched the money out of the kidnapper’s hand and venerated the beauty of $1000. When the dead of night came strolling by, I gradually made my way to the window upstairs in the attic, tiptoeing up the stairs. Suddenly, my head dashed right into the kidnapper’s head, he was standing there, staring, he picked me up…but I didn’t remember anything else. It was all blurry, it seemed like I was dreaming, a siren exasperated my ear.
I woke up, yawned, stretching my arms when I felt something hard, like a human’s leg. I looked to my right and it was the scariest thing I had ever seen. The kidnapper and his gang were all surrounding my right with a hammer each with the $1000 which was used to distract me from everything…I knew what would happen.
I woke up in the hospital with bruises all over my arms and legs and my KNEE. Bruises all over covering my knee, not one spot was my natural skin tone, not even the same shape either, it was completely shattered.
It still haunts me today…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!