Bad Boys! Bad Boys!

WACK! Went the Baseball bat as Peter, the youngest of two brothers, made a record-breaking homerun. Zach, the older brother, began running after the ball, closer, closer, and he CAUGHT THE BALL. These two were the most competitive brothers in the entire world. Whenever they did something, they made sure they were the best at doing it.
One boring day, Zach thought of a wicked plan. He thought it would be funny to scare him in the middle of the night.
After he had chosen the perfect mask to put on, he began his quest. The wooden floor creaked with every step Zach made. “Careful,” he thought to himself. A little closer….. “RAR!” Zach yelled, but nothing happened. Peter was still asleep! Confused, Zach tried again, “RAAAR!!!!” still nothing. He was sleeping like a baby! Nothing could wake him. “I’ll get him somehow….. I know it!” Zach got his dad’s mini drum kit and started playing. BANG! BOOM! Even a BAD-UM-TISH! Little did Zach know, Peter was pretending the whole time. Thinking of a revenge plan, Peter quietly giggled to himself as he felt the annoyance coming from his older brother.
As school finished Peter thought of the best idea. “I know how I’ll get him back!” He raced home, hoping to get there before Zach. “This’ll be great!” Peter said with an evil grin. He got a bucket, filled it with dirt and tried to put it on top of the door. “When he comes home, he’ll be covered in dirt! He’s going to regret scaring me!” As soon as Zach came home, dirt was everywhere. In his hair, in the carpet, even on the cat! It was almost as if it was snowing dirt. “This is perfect” Zach immediately came up with the perfect plan.
COUGH! COUGH! “Peter, I… can’t…… breathe……..” Zach began to fake-choke. “This’ll scare him once and for all!” Zach pondered.
“ZACH OH MY GAWD, ARE YOU OK?” Peter instantly rushed to his brother’s side.
COUGH! COUGH! COUGH! “Pe…ter…” Zach trailed off as he hit the floor, creating a massive THUD! He lay there for a while, fooling his little brother.
“ZACH! Wake up! WAKE UP!!!” Peter shook his brother’s corpse like body vigorously. He began crying uncontrollably.
“WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?” their parents stormed through the door and saw Zach.
“PETER!” his dad yelled. “GO TO YOUR ROOM!” Peter ran through the hallway, slamming every door in sight. Once Peter was down in his room, Zach told his parents it was a prank.
“I have a plan.” He explained everything very carefully. He told them about him trying to wake Peter up, he told them about Peter’s plan with the dirt bucket.
Zach lay back down, as Mum and Dad called Peter back down to the front entry way.
“Peter, what have you done? My poor boy….” His mum sobbed.
“I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have done that. I didn’t think. I’m sorry.” Peter began crying. Hearing how sad and traumatized his brother sounded, Zach lost his motivation to keep the joke going.
“RAR!” Zach shot up, like a zombie coming out of its grave. Peter let out the loudest scream.
“AHHHHHHHHH!” It sounded like a soul was leaving his body. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Like chalk against a blackboard.
After standing completely still for a few minutes he hugged Zach like never before. Zach tried to gasp for air as he was being consumed by affection from his younger brother. Peter stopped for a minute to punch his brother in the shoulder, “You scared me!” And as their mother rolled her eyes she sighed,
“Boys.”
The end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!