Famous Hell

The curtains rose, and I took in a huge breath. I went to sing the first note of my song, but all that was there was silence. I felt my blood boil at my pettiness. This was opening night; how could I do this. I looked backstage but my producer and brother, Jason, was as white as a ghost. I felt ashamed, so ashamed I bolted off the opposite side of stage for where he stood.
“Chelsea! Wait!” I heard his distant scream behind me, but instead of turning around and apologising I knew I couldn’t so I kept running. I got to my car and fell through the door. I started the engine, but I didn’t drive anywhere. I sat there feeling sorry for myself. My vision blurred, and a tear drop slid down my face. The bang of the metal doors alerted me I pressed the accelerator, grabbed the steering wheel, wiped my eyes and turned to see who came through the door. It was Jason, red from running. I realised how much I had failed him, I don’t deserve to have such an amazing person talking to me. Especially if I can’t even sing a simple song in front of one hundred people. My heroes can do it with thousands of people. But me only one, myself. I stopped looking at Jason and turned back around just in time to hit the brakes as there was an old lady trying to cross the road.

My car spun. I screamed. Jason screamed. The old lady fainted. My car slowed to a stop and I was centimetres from hitting the poor lady. I risked someone’s life out of my own low self-esteem. My life is a waste of time. I don’t know how I am still alive, or why Jason is running towards me. I need his care. I am a horrible person, I let everyone that loves me, that is a fan, and a I disappointed the only family I have left, Jason. He supported me though out my journey, and now I have put his job on the line. I am living in famous hell.
I climbed from my car, my dress caught on something. I didn’t care I ripped a huge slit in the side of its billowing beauty, but I was only worried about the poor lady that I almost killed. She lay on the floor limbs spread across the cold, wet road. I crawled towards her. Her eyes opened half way and looked at me like I was going to kill her. I scared the poor lady half to death. Then I tried to take a closer look, but she faded away, like a ghost.
“Chelsea, what are you doing? Why are you on the floor? Why did you stop the car there was nothing there? You look like you’ve seen a ghost!” Jason cried arriving next to me. I looked over at him.
“I’m sorry.” I looked away and all went deathly black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!