Walls Of Torment

Strong shackles, tied around my rawboned wrists and ankles.
Steadily holding me to the remorseless, concrete wall behind me.
There is no light or shadows, no windows or candles.
The light at the other end of the ‘tunnel’, is the only light I will ever see.

Every simple motion I make, its' echo harshly penetrates the stillness of the air.
The pleasure of any sound, besides the ones in my nightmares, is a priceless luxury.
The gratification of any consciousness is exorbitant and rare.
The rules here seem simple, but are bitterly oppressing and bloodthirsty.

Every arrest is a death sentence, no exceptions.
The sound of a metal key turning, jolts the air with a startling, “click!”
I know what’s coming, I know their cruel intentions.
The remnants of life will be senselessly torn from me; I pray it’ll be quick!

The sound of metal on metal pierces the air, and the door screams open.
Heavy footsteps move across the ungenerously sized room; despair creeps over my skin.
I do not feel afraid anymore, because they are cowards, filled with mute emotion.
God willing, I shall shortly be reunited with my heavenly kin.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!