A Broken Brain

A girl was sitting on a couch reading game of thrones, which was impressive given she was only 5, When Suddenly there were armed men all around her and a dirty sack was been dragged over her head. she felt something hard hit her head and everything went dark. When she woke, she was tapped to the desk in a blindingly bright and impressively clean room, with hospital equipment scatted everywhere. The girl was very smart, so she knew what was about to be done. Surgery. After a few hours, five men in masks and white robes came in and jabbed a needle into her arm and she experienced the darkness once more. When she woke up she was lying in a park at night. She felt different, she could not think straight and when she tried to speak a gagging noise came out, and the strangest thing was that she could only think in pictures not words. She knew what had happened. She had forgot how to talk. She found a wet newspaper and studied it to see if she could still read. Surprisingly, she could! But… only with numbers. Then her heart stopped. She saw the date on the newspaper and realised… Its 2021! she had been asleep for 2 years! When she had gotten over the initial shock, she decided to address the obvious problem: Where was she? She had a look around her. She was in luck! There was a map of the area nearby, and all it took was a quick glance to realise that this was her home town and it was the park she used to go to with her parents to play. the girl was exhausted, but somehow, she managed to find her way home. She stumbled in the door and collapsed.
She heard a noise that she didn’t understand. She realised that her mum was trying to ask her something. She found a paper and pen and drew a picture of surgeons cutting open her head and examining her brain. Then she drew an arrow pointing to someone talking with a cross over them. She showed her mum the sickening noise that was the result of her trying to talk. Her mother then drew a picture back, and they continued talking like this for a few hours. Her mother brushed her up on everything that had happened when she was away, and the girl drew about what she remembered of her kidnaping.
Things would never be the same, but she was safe, and with the people that she loved and that was all that mattered. Her mum got a device that read her brain waves and turned them into words so that she could communicate better and go to school. She led a relatively normal and very enjoyable life and grew to be a famous scientist who invented many great gadgets. But she always wondered what the experiments had been all about.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!