Going Home

Hello! Remember me from the last book I made? If you didn’t read it, my name is Isaac. I’m moving to a new house and I’m not scared at all!

(He’s just joking, he’s actually really terrified!)

We’re moving to South Australia. Alright I’ll admit it, I’m SUPER SCARED and I’m going to lose my best friend Kizza.

(Sudden silence, tears dripping from my eyes.)

I’ll lose my school forever and I will have to leave some stuff behind. I might also get homesick and I’m already feeling it (sigh). I just don’t want to LEAVE!

"Hey Buddy, settle down we might not be moving anyway."
Oh what! I’ve already packed all my stuff!
"Well then unpack it!"
But-but-but-but-but, ahhhhh fine.

Five hours later -

"Hey Isaac?"
Yes dad?
"Ummmmm, we’re moving house."
So, does that mean I need to pack all my stuff again?
"Yes, but you’ve already done that."
Yes of course I did!
"OK, you don’t have to yell!"

Two and a half hours later -

I’m finally packed again.
"IIIIIISAAAAAC!"
Yes?
"C’mon were going."
Going where?
"To the airport! To go to South Australia!"
Can’t I at least say goodbye to Kizza?
"No, we need to go now!"
Fine!

One hour later -

We’re on our plane.
WAIT! I scream. The plane stops.
I didn’t want to move house, I say to the pilot.
"Where are you going to? South Australia? That flight is delayed for two years!"
Oh thank goodness, I’m glad were not going.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!