Naughty Grinch

Dear Mr Grinch,

After you read this, I hope you change your mind about cancelling Christmas.

Here are my reasons why.

FIRSTLY: Kids love Christmas. They look forward to it all year and you just decide to cancel it. My house would be so sad because all my siblings would be crying and screaming.
SECONDLY: The presents. We all know our favourite part of Christmas is secretly the presents. I just love seeing my family's joyous faces when they open their presents, especially when it's something they've wanted all year. It just makes me feel so happy.
THIRDLY: The food. I love all the yummy food. It's the time of year when Mum cooks lots of delicious meals. Some she only makes on Christmas, so that just makes them even better because you only get them once a year.
LASTLY: Family. I love my family so much, they're the best. Lots of family members come to visit at Christmas like my grandma, my older siblings, and my uncle and aunty. They all come and have a great time. I don't get to see Grandma or my aunty and uncle all that often. At Christmas I can see them all right there in the same place.

So, grumpy old Grinch, I hope after reading my reasons I have persuaded you to keep Christmas going forever.

From Imogen


Dear Imogen,

I read your letter. It was very persuasive, but not enough. I'm still going to keep cancelling Christmas no matter what.
Here are my reasons why.

FIRSTLY: The tree. Why on earth would you put a tree in your house? What if you have allergies, what would you do? And besides, it just looks plain ugly.
SECONDLY: Santa. Well, well, it is so creepy that some random guy just breaks into your house. How on earth does he fit down the chimney when he's so fat? That's scary!
THIRDLY: Santa again. So now I've told you about him breaking in. After he breaks in he just decides to eat your yummy cookies and drink all your milk. Now I love Coco Pops for breakfast but I can't have any when Santa's drinking all my milk! That just makes me angry that people let him do such a thing!
FINALLY: Reindeer. So then Santa just decides to bring nine large reindeer onto your roof so they can steal your carrots and poo all over your roof! That's gross, and Santa doesn't even care!

So Imogen, after reading this I hope I have persuaded you why I should CANCEL CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Grinch
(Not quite Mr Grinch)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!