Eviana

Eviana was a sweet girl but her father never saw that. See, Eviana (Evi for short) was eight years old and spent her time outdoors building machines. Every moment of Evi’s time was spent on making machines to help people. Until one day, Evi lost interest in it. She ran inside and told her parents that she wanted to go to school.
“Evi, darling, you may go to school. But how will we afford that?” Her parents replied. Evi thought for a while.
“I can sell lemonade on the sidewalk with my lemonade machine!” Evi exclaimed. Since it was the middle of summer, people would be dying for a glass of cold lemonade.
Soon, Evi got to work. An hour later, Evi had sold 20 lemonades with ice. That made her $100! Evi noticed a large marathon training group coming. Evi smiled. She knew she had all the lemonade she needed to attend to these people.
“I’ll take 200 lemonades with ice please.” The man at the front said breathing heavily.
“That’s $1000 please sir.” Evi simply replied. The man fished out ten $100 notes from his pocket. He plonked them down in Evi’s hand.
Ten minutes later, Evi was out of lemonade. She packed up and headed inside with a little box carrying all of her money. She saw her parents in a fight, so she left the box on her mother’s desk.
Three days later, Evi was at school tugging on her skirt waiting for the bell to ring.
“Hey you!” A girl said with attitude. “I’m Anna. This is Emila. We so need you in our group.” Casually, Evi walked off shaking her head. She didn’t want to be around girls who wear lipstick everywhere. “Nobody says no to us!” Anna exclaimed.
“Well, now they do.” Evi answered stopping and crossing her arms. The bell rang.
“Ok class!” The teacher said 45 minutes after class started. “We are going to-” The bell rang. The kids ran out of class and straight to the playground with their lunches. Emila threw a handful of dirt at Evi but she ducked.
After school, Evi’s mum took her to ‘BunBun’s Restaurant!’ to tell her some bad news.
“Your dad left for “work”. He won’t be coming home.” Evi’s mum explained. Evi was heartbroken.
The next day at school, Evi didn’t say a word to anyone. She didn’t smile or eat. When she got home, she walked straight past her mother and slammed her door shut. Evi’s mum picked up a family photo. A tear ran down her warm cheek.
“I thought him leaving us would help Eviana. But it was only tearing us apart.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!