Everything Is Okay

A certain blonde had gone home early from school for an unknown reason. Students only knew that he had been called from the hospital, with blue tear stained eyes. There was a girl named Sarada, a student from his class with a cold ego. Yet she had feelings for him, and she was worried when she found out he was nowhere to be found.

School had ended, and she had gone searching for him. In some time, she heard quiet sobs. Her eyes darted towards them. ‘Boruto…?’ she followed them to a cliff that overhang their village.

The blonde rasped through his cold tone. "Why now..?" He continued to whisper the same words. Sarada stepped closer to the male.

"Boruto..? What happened-"

“Mum…” he startled her, then grabbed his blonde hair as though he were insane. “Dad promised… He promised!” his sobs grew harder and he tried his best not to choke. He screeched.

“MY MUM WAS MEANT TO LIVE!”

His body became nothing but harsh cries. Sarada stepped backwards in shock. Was this really the Boruto she knew? Her face scrunched up in an attempt to compose herself, but she fell into confusion and sadness.

“Boruto.. Why did you run away..? You know this happened to me and I-”

“SHUT UP! YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO LOSE BOTH YOUR PARENTS!” he suddenly blurted out, and cried harder as the setting sun burned on his shoulders. He shivered in fear, feeling no reassurance anymore. His eyes suddenly widened at what he stated.

“SARADA...” he took a moment to catch his breath and clutched his throat in pain. “I-I’m sorry…”

The raven went to him and hid her pained face. “Don’t say anymore.. Just let me help you..” she came closer and forced him to sit next to her.

She could feel a lump in her throat. "Look, it’s hard for you right now, but I’ve gone through your pain of my Dad… And it’s because you helped me back then that.." tears welled up in her eyes in fear.

“I want to do the same.. Because I love you…” she started to cry with him, and put her arms over his body, her tears wetting his jacket. Boruto looked stunned, he turned to her completely lost by her words. The blonde looked at her tear stained face and gently smiled, wiping them with his hand. He cleared his broken voice.

“I’ll let you.. Because I feel the same,”

Sarada looked at him in shock and stopped crying.

“Just do me two things...”

The raven nodded determinedly. Boruto looked at her and grabbed her hand, weakly smiling.

“Stay with me, and tell me everything will be okay..”

Sarada began tearing up from his sweet, yet emotionless voice. Her arms grabbed his, and put him into her tight, warm embrace. Her grasp tightened as the orange filled sky washed over them. "Bolt..." she used his childhood nickname.

"I promise... everything will be okay."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!