Chased

CHASED
Meghan’s eyes darted around as she surveyed the corridor. Being chased by people she didn’t know, she was scared to death. Her instinct told her that the people chasing her weren’t going to do any good with her.
Her electrifying blue eyes and golden blonde hair seemed to glow in the dark, making her an easy to see target.

Meghan hid and waited, as she couldn’t contact anyone. She had thrown away her phone, thinking that people could track you down by it like in the movies.
Bang!!!! Bang!!!! BOOM!!!!
Meghan ran for her life.

“There she is! Follow her!” A woman’s voice wafted from the back corner of the corridor.
Meghan caught a glimpse of the stalker team.
2 women and 3 men.

Meghan raced time to get away from the stalkers. She ran so fast she didn’t even see the stalkers behind her. She stopped, caught her breath and ran again. This went on for hours, Meghan not knowing if there was a way out of this darkness.

Suddenly, Meghan spied a faint light up ahead.
She pushed herself further, hoping to find a way out. She pushed up a sewer lid, propped herself up, and………heard the familiar sound of the city bustle.

As Meghan closed and locked up the sewer lid, she noticed something that wasn’t quite right.
This city was different to the one her home was in.
From the looks of it, it had no Eiffel Tower and was somewhere in Belgium.
I must of travelled a LOT, thought Meghan.

Meghan strolled to a nearby café n shop and bought a huge load of food. She was super hungry and stayed there for an hour.
Meghan ate luxuriously. She bought hot chocolate with marshmallows, chicken nuggets, a hamburger and even got free fries.

When she finished eating, she payed for her food and moved to the shop connected to the café.
Ding! Ding! A bell rang somewhere in the shop.
Meghan walked around, examining everything.

The shop was a peculiar shop that sold everything. It was divided into 4 different sections: Old, New, Good and Bad. Meghan wondered through the New section.
The shop didn’t have many people, so Meghan browsed around in peace. Her favorite thing was an alarm clock that glowed different colours whenever the alarm went off.

Meghan bought some clothes and a watch. She went to the counter to pay.
The person at the counter startled her. She was a tattooed woman with huge loads of makeup. At first, Meghan thought she was hallucinating, but she wasn’t. The lady at the counter literally looked like a skeleton that was alive.

“Er, I want to buy these things.” Said Meghan awkwardly.
“That would be $34.95.” said the counter lady, her eyes following Meghan’s every move. Meghan was creeped out.

Suddenly, Meghan felt a calm sensation wash over as the counter lady stared at her with piercing black eyes. She yawned and started to close her eyes.
Everything went went BLACK.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!