Enchanting Forest

In a faraway land, there is a family of three, Girra the girl, Freddie the father and Melissa the mother. Each family members are busy doing cooking, laundry, washing dishes, chopping tree, and even reading. Girra likes to read books with full of imagination.

Girra imagines grain farms as enchanting forest, where each tree has name and characters. Girra came to the forest in late afternoon where the sun has already gone. When she opened the gate, a couple of young boy and girl dressing up in dark green small leaves-shaped on the top and palm-leaves-shaped in the bottom greeted her with water bubble. Their faces were full of small golden dots, and gave white-teeth-smile and pointed to the next path that full of red and purple lights.

As Girra walked in the path, the purple palm trees were waving, green grasses were shaking , red roses were trembling, wild wallabies were crossing, and red rains were dropping. At the end of the path, Girra heard familiar voices that called her name to get closer. Following the familiar sound has led Girra to the long circular wooden path that went down to the lake. At the left side that was long narrow fish pond full of frogs and dazzling dancing lights. At the right side, there were fairies flamingos flying above the square lake. At the end of the path the familiar sound was still there.

The more Girra walked, the stronger familiar sound was heard. The sound becomes very close in her face and turned out into a barking dog. It was Billy, her black Labrador retriever that squeezed her arms that made the books fall off. The familiar sound was her parents’ voices calling her to go home to do afternoon chores.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!