Christmas Magic

The snow was falling onto the stone driveway of Lily Mchallys house. It was Christmas eve and she was so excited. Lily had hung all the stockings, put up the tree AND put all the white, red and green christmas ornaments on to the tree sparkling with glitter blinding anyone who sees it. So Lily loves christmas more than any holiday, more than anyone. She cleaned all the dishes before night and picked up all her dogs poo’s (which were all rather smelly) AND helped her mum and dad with the washing. She really wanted Santa to come and she wanted to be on his good list, the very top. So she tried and tried to be a good kid ALL year which is very hard lets say that. So that night she put out the carrots for the reindeer Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph (Which is a lot of carrots) and the biscuits for Santa made by her with lots of frosting and mini marshmallows and the milk. They where all set on a table covered with snow and tinsel all set in perfect order. It looked magical. Lilly went to bed at 7:30 sharp and set her alarm to 5:30. But something loud, fat and festive woke her up in the middle of the night. First Lily heard footsteps. She was extremely smart and new it couldn't be human. It sounded a lot like hooves like horses galloping around. Then she gasped. She had a flash back of when she was only three. She remembered when she saw the circus. She was laughing and having so much fun but she remembered the ponies who would ride around with pink ladies in frilly skirts and there horses hooves clicking. After she got to that part Lily came back into the present. She had to find out what the source of the hooves where. She jumped out of bed and heard….. DONG DONG DONG DONG DONG DONG DONG DONG DONG DONG DONG DONG. Lily stopped in her tracks and gasped. It was another flash back of when she was four. She went to London to see Big Ben who she learned about in preschool. Then she heard a Ho Ho Ho and had a flash back of when she was 5 and she went to meet Santa at the shopping centre. Then she heard a crunch like someone was eating a carrot and had a flash back of when she was 6 and ate her first carrot. Then she heard a slurp and remembered when she had her first milkshake when she was 7. After that she stopped and realised she was staring at the jolly old man called Santa. His belly jiggled like jelly and his smile would light up the whole world. Then he winked and disappeared. “This is the best Christmas gift ever” said Lily.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!