The Edge


The wind was furiously blowing furiously in John’s face at the edge of a treacherous cliff, nine kilometers high. John was scared, terrified even. John was being held hostage by Darkheart. He had black skin and a Roman helmet. There were at least 20 red snakes crawling all over him and he had a red demon-like head.
‘Pretty high, don’t wanna fall’ he barked at John.
`No,’ John replied nervously.
‘Give me your golden necklace or else,’ Darkheart muttered furiously.
‘Never,’ replied John. Darkheart edged closer to the cliff and held his sword up to John's head. John tried not to look down but his nerves got the better of him. Then and only then, John realised his arms were hostage but his legs weren’t. He lifted his legs up and kicked Darkheart in the backside. Darkheart dropped his sword and fell to the ground.
‘AHHHHHH!’ screamed Darkheart as he fell off the cliff never to be heard from again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!