Sandwiches

The end of school looks like children running out the gate to get home.
The end of school smells like a freshly cleaned classroom, ready for next year.
The end of school feels like the tingly anticipation of entering grade six.
The end of school sounds like children laughing and having fun.
The end of school tastes like anything but school sandwiches in my stomach.

The holidays look like presents piled under the Christmas tree.
The holidays smell like the salty water of the beach.
The holidays feel like a big adventure, waiting to be found.
The holidays sound like the loud bangs of fireworks.
The holidays taste like roast vegetables, turkey and Christmas pudding.

Back to school looks like new preps and shiny shoes.
Back to school smells like clean classrooms, ready for a big year.
Back to school feels like boxes and bags being carried.
Back to school sounds like noisy chatting as everyone reunites with their friends.
Back to school tastes like school sandwiches.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!