Just A Regular Day

Just A Regular Day


Hi I am Daisy my best friend is Beau. My owner is Lily and Beau’s owner is Travis. Together we always seem to get in trouble, this is the story of just one of those regular days.

It is is quite a long story so get comfy. So as usual I was sleeping in and Lily woke me up, gave me breakfast and she put my leash on for our morning walk. We started to walk then run faster and faster my heart was pounding as our speed increased again.”CRASH!” I accidentally ran into... Beau and Travis!”Hey!” Travis shouted half delighted and half surprised.

After our morning walk Lily and Travis took our leash’s off and Lily and Travis were speaking about some boring things like blah, blah blah , how’s life blah, blah, blah. So Beau and I decided to go for another walk and that was the biggest mistake we made that day. Beau and I ended up getting lost.[and I knew we should not of wondered off like that.]but sometimes I can not help getting lost. I tried to read a few signs and got that we were in Brisbane. We were roaming around the place and I guess we looked weird because everyone was looking at us.

Beau and I eventually came across this nice looking place with flowers and lakes filled with graceful swans. So we decided to rest there but only for 5 minutes because this rude man with a dirty face and a scruffy beard yelled.”Shoo shoo ya pests” I did not wait and neither did Beau. We ran as fast as we could from the rude man.

We stayed the night in an alleyway and as Beau and I were resting I thought. Will I ever see Lily again? I do not remember what happened next because I fell asleep. I woke up to Beau pouncing on me booming, “I smell... BACON!!” “Bacon?” I replied hungrily. “Yes bacon.” Beau squealed excitedly. “ Let’s go then!” I replied to him. We pounded through the streets with my tummy roaring like a lion. “ There!” Beau exclaimed. And there it was “Mr.Larry’s Brekkie stop!” Ahhh a breakfast van. My mouth was watering. I guess he thought we were some kind of feral animals because he whimpered with fear “Oh, oh no..p..please don’t steal my b..b..bacon!”
But Beau did not listen he was probably to hungry to listen. he pounced into Mr Larry’s van and Mr Larry was crying, Beau was eating and I was thinking OMG! “Come on Beau” I yelled, and then suddenly it hit me, this was exactly the same place Lily and I go for a walk. I tried to lure Beau out of poor Mr Larry’s Brekkie van but it didn’t work. So I found my courage and screamed at the top of my lungs... “Beau companion of Travis Brown get out of Mr Larry’s van NOW!” That scared Beau so much he came to me within a second. “ You scare me sometimes” he said in a soft whisper. I did not reply. “Come on Beau this is where Lily and Travis go for their morning walk” I said. “Oh Yeah” Beau exclaimed. We hid from Mr Larry for a while but kept our eyes peeled for our faithful owners.

One hour later.... “Aaaah!” Yes I was screaming because Lily and Travis hadn’t shown up. “Calm down Daisy” Beau said calmly. But it didn’t help me at all. Just then I started yelling “ OMG! OMG! OMG!!!” I saw them across the road putting up posters. Beau obviously saw them too because we exchanged looks and started sprinting towards them. My hear pounded. CRASH...we bumped into ...Lily and Travis. “Hey”, they both yelled with utter delight. “ My beautiful baby!” Lily cried as she picked me up. “I missed you big guy!” Travis shouted. I think they nearly cried.

One week later...Now everything is back to normal and as usual Lily wakes me up in the morning feeds me my doggy food and puts my leash on. We go for our walk and I know I am never wandering off on a walk again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!