Skate Park

I begged Dad to take me to the skate park. He said ‘Yes, how about tomorrow morning?’ ‘Great Dad, that would be awesome!,’ I replied. That night I barely got a wink of sleep because I was dreaming so much about what I wanted to do at the skate park like gnarly airs. So the next morning we got up nice and early to beat the busy holiday crowd. I didn’t feel too well because I didn't get enough sleep.

Anyway, I was happy that we were going to the skate park. When we arrived I didn't really feel like skating but I decided dad made the effort to get me here, I’ll just do it anyway and I might feel better. I went over and dropped in on a big ramp and I got heaps of speed; I was right, it felt so good. I hadn’t been on a skate ramp in ages.

While I was flying through the air on my skateboard I saw a curved ramp in front of me and I decided what I was going to do next. I went up the ramp turned and aimed at the lump in the middle of the skate park bowl. I had so much speed from that big ramp that I went flying up the lump in the air. When I was in the air flying I could feel myself tilting forward. I fell face first on the concrete and then on to my wrist. It hurt so much that I started crying.

Dad came running over to me to help me up but I couldn't move. I said, ‘don't touch me,’ ‘leave me because I am heaps of pain.’ I asked for him to call the ambulance, which he did. A while after that the ambulance arrived and they came over to me and got me onto the bed and put a sling on. They took off to the hospital and when we arrived there I got an x-ray.

The X-ray said that I had shattered my radius in my arm and that I had to get surgery. He said I would not be in action for at least six months. I was scared when he said that; so scared that I started crying again. He said that I'll get surgery next week on Tuesday. He put a cast on and said that I couldn't do anything with my arm.

I opened my eyes. I looked around me. I was in my bedroom. I looked at my arm.There was no cast, no pain, and I couldn't move my arm. It had been one, big, bad dream. I heard Dad calling my name ‘Elliot. Do you want to get up and go to the skate park nice and early?’ ‘No thanks Dad, can we please go surfing nice and early? I just had a bad dream about the skate park and I think I will stay away from the skate park for while’ I replied.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!