Aqua

Aqua was a 9 year old girl with sandy colored hair and blue eyes, she lived in a place called Seashell Bay. One afternoon her and her friend Alice got to go to the beach together. Aqua’s friend Alice saw a ice cream truck there and went off to buy them ice creams. Mean while Aqua went over to the water, she had always loved the water but this time when she touched it a bubble floated up and popped! She touched it again and once again it happened! Aqua was so confused and started having thoughts that maybe she had some sort of powers? Her friend Alice came back and they went swimming but when Aqua went under the water she could breath and she could swim really fast! Aqua was shocked but kept it to herself.
The next day was a school day and at play time some kid ran into Aqua with their water bottle and water went all over Aqua. Then all the water floated into a big bubble then splashed onto the ground! A teacher happened to see and called a local scientist who immediately came to the school and started trying to get Aqua to tell him her secret….Aqua did not, she didn’t know what he would do if he knew.
At school the next day Aqua was excited as they were going on a excursion to a marine centre where they rescue or help endangered and hurt sea life. The place was called Sea Shack Rescues and it was right on the bay but Aqua had a weird feeling. All her class went and sat on a mat in front of some of the volunteers who worked there. They told her class that all the animals at the centre were very sick and they didn’t know why…Aqua was worried for them.
Later they all had lunch then went for a walk to a park close by to play. On the way back she somehow got lost from her class so she walked back to Sea Shack Rescues to find them. She went into a room in the centre and saw a big tank where they kept the sick animals and heard talking but there was no one there except the animals? She saw 2 turtles, 2 dolphins, 3 stingrays, 9 sea horses and 1 seal. She couldn’t see any people but she knew she heard talking. Then she heard someone say “please help us” she looked at the tank and saw that it was a dolphin talking to her, she was right, she did have special powers, powers to talk to the animals! Then a turtle said “please help us or we are going to die”. Aqua asked what are you sick from? The seal then said “ Our home in the bay is full of toxic waste from homes and businesses running into our water”. Aqua knew she had to help them. She ran into another room in the center and ran straight into the scientist who had come to her school the day before. She told him that she thought the animals were getting sick from the toxic waste running into the bay and he was shocked, he didn’t know that was happening, did anyone in Seashell Bay know? He immediately got divers who had special equipment to get rid of the toxic waste in the bay. The town also built a special factory to safely get rid of future waste so the marine animals would never get sick again.
And from then on every afternoon Aqua would visit the bay to talk to the animals, swim with the animals and always make sure they were happy, which made Aqua happy too.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!