The Gritles' Forest

I excitedly planned my bushwalk without my parents noticing.. You see, it wasn’t just an ordinary, plain, old bushwalk. The track was one hidden well. We found out about it from the Gritles or known as the Sprightly Gnomes.
At the time of the bushwalk, I had my equipment already prepared and started the track. I looked around and could not believe how fascinating Flitter Forest was. There were magical flitters flying over the place (the woods were probably named after them). As we trekked on, we discovered the goblins which we had not seen before. It seemed as every creature had a job under the trees.
Suddenly, my heart skipped a beat. I anxiously stepped back thinking. How did he find out? Ever since the start, the necromancer had been trouble to the Gritles. It was clear that the forest had to be kept from everyone especially the necromancer.
This encounter made me more cautious than ever. I had to know his plans. I crept towards him and listened to him mutter his plan.
“Hahaha!” he cackled, “I shall be sending a giant cyclone over towards the Talking Trees and destroy the magic of this lame forest.”
The magical trees? I thought, Destroyed? I knew that something had to be done. I had to wake up these lethargic trees and persuade them to cast an enchantment spell with the help of my mystical pendulum (also gifted by the Gritles).
I quietly crept past him and expedited the rest of the way to the trees. I tapped the few trees, and each one woke up like series of robots starting up at regular intervals. I explained to them about the necromancer and they also looked horrified.
Then, a giant swirl of wind appeared at the horizon. I noticed what it was and warned my fellow friends. I could not let the cyclone destroy the heart of the forest. Struggling against the winds, we managed to say the magic chant, and in an instant, the cyclone vanished.
I went to the Gritles’ hideout and informed them of what had happened. They thanked me and covered me with gifts. I was just too thankful.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!