Revenge

“Congratulations Lord Zark…” intoned the Supreme Grandmaster, gravely. “We all know that you are our greatest and fearless warrior of Zarg. All the people of Zarg clearly know that your invasion to the Earthlings will be victorious! Conquer them and come back in success!”
Zark held his heavily muscled arms above his head, causing all the women to swoon. “You can count on me people! Those feeble humans will bow before my might within one calgoon!”
With that, he leapt into his Zap-o-magic 10000 and launched into the golden heavens.

FFFSSSHHH! The legendary Zark pounced out of his aircraft and studied the area, intently. There was just enough sunlight. “Nice, and quiet place, now, where’s the king?” he concluded. He took out his Hyper-colour and spied on every person. “Nope, nope… AHA! Found my kill!” he whispered, ever so quietly. The leader of Earth sat on an emerald throne, sitting in an ‘I am the king’ position. His gargantuan crown perched on his head. “Let’s get the mission started…” he mumbled, as quiet as a graveyard.

“Very interesting…” muttered Zark, deeply pondering. Ten bulky men in fuchsia heavily guarded the throne of the king. There was no way to get past the men unless he… Zark slithered like a venomous sea snake around the guards and behind the king. Immediately, he stood up, punched and karate chopped all the bulky guards. “Take that!” he bellowed, thunderously. He turned towards the king, “And for you… I have a little present.” Zark took out a razor-sharp scimitar from his pocket and sliced the smiling head of the king. He finally took a Brobdingnagian breath from all the hard work and vociferously announced, “All you people of stupid Earth! I have assassinated your frail master and I order you to bow before me!”
Unfortunately, for Zark nobody did. Lividly, Zark propelled his sword at another man on the other side, but he crouched down and his sword reflected… right at Zark.

“What happened?” Zark mumbled, wearily. His sword lay beside to him, with a slight scratch on it. Jingle! A mysterious and peculiar giant came into the dead king’s territory. Zark immediately dived behind three alive, old men. The colossus monster bent down to grab the five dead guards.
“Who did this? Was it you Bella?” boomed the giant, venomously.
A cat entered the scene and purred. She did not have any sharp claws.
Phew! There is no way that other beast can triumph against me! thought Zark, wiping off all the sweat that once created a waterfall on his head.
The cat opened her mouth to yawn and that was when Zark’s jaw dropped to the floor. The jet-black beast had millions of razor scimitars in her mouth.
Just then came in another giant. It was a smaller child than the other towering monster. “Scruffy! Would you like this green puppet?” she questioned her dog, cheerfully. She grabbed Zark and held him firmly.
“WOOF!” responded the joyous Labrador, licking its lips.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!