The Haunted Walkway

Over decades and decades there has been this myth spreading in the area called The Haunted Walkway. It is known that if anyone was to ever enter that walkway, they will never escape. Everyone was terrified to go over there let alone look at it. Children were forbidden to play in that area and return back home before sunset.

But, it was a different story for the adventurous, courageous girl, Alison. All she ever dreamed of was to enter that walkway and discover the endless mysteries it brings. One day she decided to make her dream a reality. But the problem was…how? She slumped on her bed desperately thinking of a master plan. When suddenly it started raining, she ignored the atrocious weather and kept thinking. She came up with a plan but how would she try it when it just kept raining?

She pulled up her blankets and went to bed hoping it would stop raining. Next day to her surprise, the sky cleared up. She stepped out of her house and inhaled in the fresh air. She twirled around in the exquisite weather enjoying every second. She stopped abruptly and reminded herself that she was on a mission. She went to school and as soon as it ended, rushed home. She explained to her mum that she was going to Eliza’s home to play but was actually going to the walkway.

She raced to Eliza’s home gasping for breath. She asked her if she would like to join her on her adventure and she agreed. Both girls sprinted over to the walkway. When they reached they were dumbstruck at how horrendous the walkway looked. Despite this fact they entered and that’s when the adventure began.

It was so quiet, all that could be heard were their footsteps on the bare ground. THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! They climbed over rocks, dodged from spider webs and crawled underneath overgrown trees. Each step made them deeper into the forest and the journey more and more intimidating. They came to a sudden end. There was an eerie silence and then a cool gust of wind.

The trees seemed to tower over them and they sensed danger lying in the area ready to attack. “E-E-Eliza?” Stammered Alison. She turned around and saw Eliza with a shocking appearance. She had red glowing eyes and was just floating off the ground. Alison stared wide eyed then suddenly grabbed Eliza and dragged her out the walkway. Once they were out she demanded an explanation. Eliza explained everything which softened Alison’s anger. The only reason all this happened was because she was a spirit and entering the walkway woke the inner her.

Alison forgave Eliza and gave her a warm hug. They returned back to their homes and recounted all the things they had just seen or experienced. Alison made a promise to herself that she will never perform any adventure without proper permission. She smiled to herself and went to sleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!